Monday, October 27, 2008

where in the world is aly san diego?

Many apologies for the very much delayed update (& the novel of the blog I'm about to post).  I've been somewhat busy.  Ok, so not really.  I've been really lazy & a bit out of it lately.  Nothing new has been going on with me, except I did paper mache for the first time & got a haircut.  I'm also currently borrowing a sewing machine to bring the crafty side out of me.  Anywho...

Maude keeps falling off the tower of my desktop Mac Pro at work.  I wish whoever designed this Kidrobot toy didn't make her feet so damn small so she can actually balance when free-standing.  Her little machete broke, so now it looks like she's just holding a sushi roll (which I suppose is acceptable since her head is shaped like a fish, or so my co-worker says).

I heard the latest Bloc Party album Intimacy, & I must say I'm disappointed.  Although, I like Silent Alarm the best, I enjoyed Weekend In the City & saw it as a fresh change from their debut album.  After hearing their recent album, however, I felt it was just put together without any thought or concept.  They tried adding more synths & experimental sounds, but it just ended sounding like they overdid it.  Well, at least the sound does go with the album title.  Or well, it reminded me of love (feel-good, spontaneous, careless).  Maybe that's what they were going for.  If so, then wow!  That's an interesting concept, however I don't think I'll appreciate Intimacy as much as their previous albums.  Overall, it's catchy.
**Disclaimer:  I'm not an official music critic, so don't take my word for word.  This is purely my own personal opinion.**

I went to Ulta for the first time last Saturday.  It was great!  Since it was still their grand opening week/weekend, I got some free stuff.  I love free things!  Looks like I, too, am a fan of this beauty store.

No comments: