7. I was in chorus in the first grade & had to dress up as a clown for one of our performances alongside with Ms. Jian Zapata.
6. I was burned when I was 2, or maybe it was 3, & that is why I hate feet.
5. I was in the Academic Challenge club at Salem Middle School in the 8th grade. I never got to play on a team until maybe the second to last challenge of the year against Landstown Middle School. My most glorious & only moment was when they asked what seven squared was. As both teams pondered for a few minutes that seemed like an eternity (I knew immediately what the answer was, but was too scared to answer right away), Landstown finally buzzed in, but with the wrong answer. After a few seconds passed, I buzzed in, everyone slowly turned & looked straight at me. I swear it was something from a movie, but I finally said 49 & everyone turned to look at the judge & that's when she said, correct! And then we won the game.
4. My mom loved the show "Who's the Boss" back in the 80's. Her favorite character was Alyssa Milano's character, & that's how I got my name. However it's pronounced, ah-LIE-sah & not ah-LIS-sah.
3. I became treasurer of my high school class not to bring a change to our own class or school, but to become popular & hope everyone wouldn't see me as the shy, little Filipino girl they thought I was.
2. My first kiss was when I was 17.
1. I was borderline anorexic. Ever since the 8th grade I'd eat only one small meal after working out because I was called "fat" from 5th to 7th grade. Kids are mean. Because of their meanness I ended up fainting/blacking out during 6th period Earth Science due to a low blood sugar count & anemia. Thanks to those kids, I've been self-conscious about my looks & weight to this day. Sometimes I still find myself only eating one meal a day.
I'm tagging Jessica, Katrina, Mylam, Karen, & Will!
Another nostalgic picture:
Polaroid picture circa late 2001/early 2002. Celebrating the holidays with the family at a relative's house. I was into fly-a-ways because apparently the whole 1970's Farrah Fawcett Charlie's Angels hair was in.


2 comments:
My first kiss was when i was 17 too...and I was borderline anorexic in high school because i was teased in elementary school too...we gotsta talk about that...my daily menu used to be cereal, fruit and half a non-fat cheese sandwich everyday =(
I love how you're so honest about wanting to be popular, haha. Anddddd...I don't understand what burns have to do with feet? Expand maybe?
Post a Comment