On Halloween we ended up going to the Village & saw how festive & creative these residents' costumes were. We saw people dressed up as "the running of the bulls," Wayne & Garth, a guy in a car accident (he stuck his head through a piece of shattered plexiglass & covered his entire head/face with fake blood & such--very creative), teletubbies, a Red Bull fridge (the guy constructed this box to put over himself that mimicked an actual Red Bull fridge with the shelves & empty cans of Red Bull, & he was able to install a light fixture to light it up & off--also very creative), & the list goes on & on! I wish I had put more thought into a costume. I actually did, but my plans just didn't fall through. My friend, Karen, had an awesome costume. She was Jubilee from the X-Men & my friend, Francis, was an "Extra Jabbawockee--Not Seen On TV."


We also partied at this club called, Stay. As the name speaks for itself, we did end up staying at Stay for the rest of the night. Overall, it was an awesome Halloween despite my lack of dressing up for the occasion.
The rest of the weekend was chill, yet fun. I went shopping for my godson & niece at F.A.O. Schwartz & of course for myself at the H&M flagship store on 5th Ave. I'm sad Topshop wasn't open yet, so we didn't get to go there. I got to hangout with another friend I haven't talked or seen in a while, & it was great to catch up for a bit to see how he was doing. We all drank special cocktails & $1.50 Japanese beers at Kenka on St. Mark's Place. The day I left, I had dim sum for the first time ever at Grand Harmony Palace. The food wasn't bad, but I felt the service was disappointing. Our waitress seemed very impatient & annoyed of us. Apparently we came too late for dim sum, but either way they should always have food prepared no matter what. Anyways, I enjoyed my weekend & wish I had taken more pictures with my actual camera (it's always heavy to lug around with), instead of my camera phone.


No comments:
Post a Comment