Tuesday, September 23, 2008

hello fall

Well, I'm a day late in greeting Autumn, but better late than never, right?  
Anyways, this past weekend I did some video work for my "internship" & it was a bit of what I expected, except the part where I drove all the way to Norfolk to pick up someone (the video guy's wife).  Crazy, right (more like I felt I was just being used for bitch work)?  I must say I felt a bit awkward, but yet comfortable enough to go through with it.  So, I waited a while for her to come, but as soon as I saw her walking toward my car I realized she wasn't what I expected (she was described to be as being fresh from the P.I.).  She looked unique & "artsy," & as soon as she stepped in my car I could feel this aura about her that made me believe she was... well, cool.  We had a conversation during the entire car ride.  I found out she moved from the Philippines not too long ago & that she's an artist.  She specializes in arts & crafts, but she does paint & draw & the whole nine yards.  She also mentioned how she wished she had some assistance to help in her art projects &, of course, I plugged in my services & she was more than ecstatic.  I told her how interested I was in making crafts & she insisted I take her old sewing machine to learn how to use one & put it to good use.  I really hope this all works out because I have plans of making little things here and there.  In gratitude of my pick-up service, Charmaine (the lovely artist I had the pleasure of meeting), gave me this Pear Softie:
Made with real Swavrorski crystals
These are other links of  her other Etsy site & an arts & crafts group based in the 757 area, respectively: seaspringlove.etsy.com & 7citiescrafters.com

Besides interning, later that night I attended a small art show down at the Oceanfront in support of my coworker, the fabulous Alex M.  I love his photography & I'm glad he lets me in on critiquing his photography every now and then during & after work.  I see him going places in the near future.

Random Thoughts:
I need to be creative again//I should get back into playing guitar//I need to organize/clean my room//There needs to be more hours during the day//I love water//I need to save my money better//Starbucks is my vice//I understand now...

Music that inspired this blog:
My American Heart//Hiding Inside The Horrible Weather

1 comment:

will conlu said...

hello aly. doope i like that craft pear figure. made with real swarovski crystals??? waahh? bouuujii bouuujii! haha and I'm really diggin that photo of the highway. makes me miss driving home after work at night. on another note, you should def. hook up your friends website.