Sunday, September 28, 2008

choke

I just saw the movie, Choke, & I enjoyed it.  Of course it's not as great as the book, but then again it's been a year or two since I last read Chuck Palaniuk's novel, so I don't know if its visual aid interpreted the content well within the novel.  I'm hoping to reread it again once I get it back from a friend who is currently borrowing it.

Speaking of books, I finally finished reading Twilight & am currently reading its sequel, New Moon.  It's too early to exactly say how I feel about Twilight, since it's probably best to finish reading the entire series, but I must say I do like it so far.  However, reading New Moon is somewhat of a relief for me.  It was exciting to read about Bella's experiences because (like everyone else) it was like going through the motions of our own first love experiences all over again.  It felt like nostalgia, which was good, but a bit horrible for me since I can somewhat still feel that pain of when our love ended.  I believe reading this sequel might be the turning point of my love life... maybe.

I'm contemplating about participating in the Look Alive Project & finally registering for the Susan G. Komen 5K marathon this week.  I need to stop procrastinating & start making a change in my life.  This may not be that much of a change, but if I want that something big to happen in my life then I have to do something.  Let's hope this all goes as planned.

Random Thought:
Books & movies aren't real, yet I always seem to relate myself to characters.  I do this so much that I sometimes believe I suffer from the same issues as they do & end up thinking I am them.  I need to stop thinking like this.

Music that inspired this blog:

Radiohead//In Rainbows

2 comments:

will conlu said...

"if I want that something big to happen in my life then I have to do something"

i like that quote. cause that's the honest truth. but i hope all is well aly bo bally! i checked out that "look alive" project and that's dope! you should definitely get on that! maaan i think i would come back down for that. I'd love to see the art scene back at home. I never really did.

Karen Sagun said...

In response to your random thought, I think sometimes truths can be revealed in fiction due to the fact that they are inspired from real emotions and experiences. It can be easier to see in fiction stories because the non-important details of nonfiction can get in the way. It's totally fine that you relate to a fiction story; that's what makes a fiction story good.