Friday, March 20, 2009

the end of ethan & aly?

It's been almost three years since I've first laid eyes on him.  The object of my affection.  My guilty pleasure.  He always knew how to ride no matter how rough the terrain.  He's always treated me well... until now.

I never knew I'd feel this way or even have feelings about him.  It's a silly thing to actually think or talk about, but I feel it's so true.  My Scion TC, Ethan.  Yes, a car.  Ridiculous to even give him a name, but it fits him so well.  My first real car that my parents bought me; I treated him well--gassed him up when the time was right, washed & cleaned him almost all the time.  You could say I treated him like a prince.  No, prince is an understatement for this car.  He was more like a king & I was his queen.  We rode away in the sunset, literally.

The first year I had Ethan, things were amazing!  No speeding tickets, no accidents, always just shining bright & clean.  He was invincible!  We were invincible.  I never thought anything would ever happen every time I stepped inside him.

2007 came & so did the end of my nearly four-year relationship with my ex-boyfriend.  My car was there to comfort me with endless drives to sort my thoughts out.  It was also the year where I would have my first ding on my driver's side door, locking my key in my car & the inevitable; my back passenger side window getting smashed on a highway chase back to Richmond.

As if things couldn't have gotten worse.  2008 was the year I couldn't believe would bring me as much bad luck as it did.  I got my first reckless ticket, two more car accidents that weren't my fault (thank gawd they were just rear-end mishaps), and near-death incidents.  I even believe Ethan's gas consumption went up to a point where I would have to fill him up nearly every week!  On top of that, I was going through personal issues that basically got the best of me.

I'm not sure how Ethan & I got to this point.  I feel year after year I've been having the worst luck with him.  Today, as I was about to approach Ethan to have him get me to work I looked at my set of keys and found my car key was nowhere to be found.  I walked back to my apartment to rummage through things in my room & unfortunately my key wasn't anywhere to be spotted.  Not even my spare was in its usual spot where it always is.  I ended up being late to work & now blogging about how much Ethan, my Scion TC.  The car of my dreams?  The love of my life?  Or the one thing that's out to hurt me.  You decide.

*Sidenote:  This video has been cheering me up!  Enjoy!




No comments: