Today my brother left to go to Africa for the Peace Corps. He actually does not leave until tomorrow, but it was the last time I physically saw my brother. That is, until he returns two years from now. My mother has not taken it well, so far. I had gone out for a run when I returned back to their house only to find my mother meeting me at the door, crying hysterically about how she did not want him to go & that she wanted him back. She cried for me to call him at the hotel he stayed at, which I did, but to no avail he was not there. Seeing my mother like this breaks my heart. I now know I definitely need to be there more for my parents, & will have to put my plans on a hold until my brother returns. I guess I will now know what it is like to be an only child for a bit.
Yesterday I received a reckless ticket while driving back home to drop off my brother from a dinner we had out of town on top of trying to make it on time for work. Honestly, I am a safe driver who uses their turn signal when necessary, is usually defensive when on the road, & always in the middle of reckless drivers. However there are moments when I am pressed for time, & may have to rush to get where I need to be. Unfortunately, it is at times when the authorities catch me at my worse when in reality they should have been there for all the times I see other drivers driving more reckless than my speeding. This is my second time receiving this offense & I do not know how this will turn out. I am just really hoping nothing bad, but overpriced fees will be the consequence of this all. Looks like this is the end of the little Asian speed racer that flows through my blood.
Another mishap concerning yesterday was the mysterious lost of a somewhat large sum of money in my purse. Money usually does not phase me & I do not let it get the best of me, but it is so frustrating to know I did have this sum of money, but it is nowhere to be found. I have lost between $500-$1000 within this month from my vacation in California, bills & general infrequent spending. I do know how to budget my money if you are thinking otherwise. I just think it is the economy that affects everywhere no matter if you have a job, or not. I definitely can not spend money for a good two months or so.
My website expired not too long ago. I was not given an email warning me & asking to renew. I am not sure if it is because it might have been sent to my old email that I had deleted, but I swear it was set up with my current email address. Since I do not have the funds to renew it, or even purchase a new web host/domain, I have to resort to using my blog as my portfolio/personal site. This is tricky since I need to figure out how to convert my regular blog into an actual website. Sleep deprivation will soon become a part of my life.
It seems as if one problem arises another appears, & it ends up snowballing into a disaster known as my life. Despite this all, however, I have kept my cool & stayed optimistic. I am not going to lie when I say that my mood has turned a bit "emo," but this feeling is beyond better than if it was my old self handling all this. I forgot how it was to feel like this since I have been feeling like I was on top of the world for a few months. I feel like this feeling is forever, but I know it will pass. I just need to focus on what needs improvement & to go on from there.
Since I am making this my portfolio/personal site now I will try to post as much designs & art that I have created starting with these flyers for two events I am helping plan:


1 comment:
Everything will work out. Let me know if you need anything ::Hugs::
Post a Comment