Monday, August 25, 2008

i've got the case of the monday... sort of

Today started off interesting.
It was pleasant.
This week is going to be the most relaxing week of work because most of the people above me in the work chain are in Las Vegas for Magic.  The only thing planned for my co-worker & me by our boss is to tech pack whatever t-shirt our Simple Mathematics designer has finished designing (the files are frustrating to work with because they're so large, but it's not so tedious that we won't be able to have it done that day or within a few hours).  

Anyways, I haven't ran in six days.

I'm a little disappointed in myself, but when I think about how sick I've been lately & how much social/intern/work/creative time has occupied my life, it's understandable why I haven't been motivated to wake up early or make it home early enough to trek my usual two or so miles (my goal is four/five).  I'm planning to run the Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure this October, so I must make sure I keep up with my running regimen.  Since I've indulged in luscious sweets & feasted on meals bound for a heart attack this past week, I'm going to run all of this week (at least four days).

I had soda for lunch & dinner, & Starbucks twice today (eek, this screams of diabetes!).  I'm so awake right now, that I think I'll stay up all night to work on creative things, & read up on Twilight & Harry Potter (yes, I want to see what the craze is with these book series).  I'm hoping to have both first books done by the end of this week.  I know what you must be thinking: Running almost everyday of the week, barely sleeping, & reading two books within a week?  This girl is insane!  Yes, I admit I like to set unpretentious goals for myself, yet I like to see it as making self-enlightening achievements for my well-being.  I'm at that time & age in my life where I want to get my hands into everything & experience it all for, well, the experience.  And, to become this super mogul force you wouldn't want to reckon with!  Of course I'm still polishing up the talent, but one day everyone will see the wrath of my multimedia powers & wish they were my allies (instead of my rivals) because damnit, I will rule the world (and it'll be sweet)!

I'm feeling creative.

Music that inspired this blog:
 
Sia//Colour The Small One

1 comment:

Shee said...

Hey Aly!

Yay you have a blog =) I can stalk you now too haha jk... If you ever wanna go for a jog just let me know! I need to start prepping myself hardcore for that run in October as well.